‘Shifting Gears’ is a 40 minute presentation that helps retirees make the transition from years of saving and accumulating to the new life of spending and enjoying! In retirement in addition to managing money wisely, retires also need to use their money wisely.
Sometimes we forget that money is only a utility – and it is only useful when it is used to help us achieve our goals.
If retirees don’t have a plan to use their capital wisely they lose an opportunity for greater enjoyment, and even worse, the larger estate that is left behind may cause more grief than happiness for their heirs.
In the seminar the following issues are addressed.
• How to shift gears from growing wealth to using wealth.
• How to clarify financial, lifestyle and estate goals.
• How to determine what is essential capital and what is surplus capital.
• The pros and cons of five options for dealing with surplus capital.
• Six reasons why you might want to give heirs an ‘advance’ on their inheritance.
• Why the study at Harvard of 4,000 millionaires concluded that it was best if the
parents gave the money away – so their children could make their own money.
• How philanthropy can increase happiness for both parents and children.
• How family meetings reduce the possibility of a dispute over the estate.
• Knowing the risk and the cost of trying to protect against all unlikely events.
• How to make big decisions that involve both financial and emotional elements.
• Why retirees should ‘treat themselves’ to a reliable source of happiness.
• Why ‘surplus’ capital is not talked about.
• Why 70% of wealth transitions fail.
For more information and seminar dates contact Warren MacKenzie at (416) 979-3820 or cell (416) 904-7781 or email@example.com.